Memes aren’t just for sharing on Facebook! Students love memes too! I knew that I wanted to incorporate memes into my classroom this year but I just had to figure out the best time to do it. I knew memes would be a hit with my students so I decided to use them right at the beginning of the year.
I had students make memes to go with one of our classroom rules. They made a great display for our meet the teacher night.
- Memes are funny
- Memes are short
- Memes usually have text at the top and bottom
- The font is usually all in uppercase block letters
- Lettering is usually white
- They usually make fun of human or animal behavior
- Create a meme as a response to a read aloud or book the student is reading.
- Memes to represent how they are feeling about a subject or concept
- Make memes to convey a message about a science or math concept they are learning about
- Create memes about lunch room rules
- To represent safety rules on the gym
- Use memes to teach media literacy